Tonight’s dinners is one of our family favorites, of course the past few times we have made it I wasn’t able to capture the pictures for a nice post. Surprise surprise I still got barely any pictures, at least I did get one of the finished recipe. This makes about 6 servings and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish to make! The best part, this is easy to increase and is easy on the budget…perfect for party or a big family like mine!
This is from Ditch the Carbs, one of my favorite sites to pull and tweak recipes from.
Ingredients you need:
1 onion quartered and sliced,1 clove garlic crushed, 1.65 lb ground/mince beef, 2 oz full fat cream cheese, 3 slices bacon diced, salt/pepper to taste, 3 Med eggs,1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 1/2 cup shredded/grated cheese divided, 2 tbsp mustard,2 pickles sliced
- Fry the bacon pieces until cooked and set aside.
- Fry the onion, garlic and beef until thoroughly cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir through the cream cheese.
- Pour the beef layer into the baking dish. Sprinkle the bacon pieces over.
Cheese Burger Sauce
- Mix the eggs, cream, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, mustard, salt and pepper together. Pour the cheese sauce over the beef layer.
- Place slices of pickles all over the top then cover with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden and crispy.
- Delicious served with salad and low carb mayo or full fat sour cream.
Nutritional information: 613 Calories , Fat 51g, Carbohydrates 3g, Protein 33g